On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:37:19 +0000, Andrew Atkinson <andrew at wotcc.org.uk> wrote: > I personally do not think in feet. > (Britain officially became metric the year I was born!!!! Granted it > is hard to tell. (The currency got done at least) It was the 1884 > Meridian conference that Britain agreed to go metric if Greenwich was > the Meridian instead of France, or so the rumours go..... Printed in > a > UK maths text book so must be true, I get away from the point) > > At the moment the search returns what is in the database, no mention > of units, as I was not sure if every database would be in metre, or > if > you used feet it would be feet. > Same for grads and other units of angle, although this is changeable > in the config. What I need to know, and the information is probably > in > the documentation somewhere, is if the default units are degrees and > metre, if not what the options are.
AFAIK default units are degrees and metres but can be set in survey/layout/ini file... > I will add feet, should not be too difficult, after I have got > searches by name to work at a realistic speed > > Andrew > > On 10/01/11 18:10, Martin Sluka wrote: >> Nice work, Andrew. Please, add the units (I know you think in feets) >> :) >> >> m. >> >> >> On 10.1.2011, at 17:59, Andrew Atkinson wrote: >> >>> Hello >>> >>> Well Bruce you spurred me into action, and I have produced some web >>> pages, that allow users to search the database. >>> >>> It can be a little slow, especially the passage height query. Even >>> the >>> form is slow to load, and no indication is given that it is >>> working. >>> Finding the heights are quite quick it is the checking to see if >>> they >>> are underground that take the time, oh well probably can be >>> optimised, >>> but someone better than me. >>> >>> It is set up so that more searches can be easily added. >>> >>> Known problems >>> >>> Passage height gives meaningless results if one or both of the >>> heights >>> given are between the min and max. >>> AJAX menu does not work on all browsers. >>> >>> Which brings me back to the where this all started, it would be >>> more >>> user-friendly to do searches on passage names as people call them. >>> IE >>> how long is 'Route 66' Currently to do this they would have to know >>> that 'Route 66' was made up of the second half of Diesel Duck plus >>> Onion and the first half of 'hall of time'. The first and last of >>> these is not searchable? >>> >>> Have a look at >>> >>> http://wotcc.org.uk/Cheddar/ >>> >>> (the style is stolen from ubss.org.uk) >>> >>> If people think that it is useful, I'll add the code to the wiki, >>> you >>> should be able to edit the config file and it should then drop in >>> to >>> any site. Extra Searches can be added to the Searches Directory, so >>> it >>> should be adaptable. >>> >>> Works with mySQL. >>> >>> Andrew >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Therion mailing list >>> Therion at speleo.sk >>> http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Therion mailing list >> Therion at speleo.sk >> http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion >> > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion -- Ladislav Blazek http://lada.blazcata.cz - fotogalerie http://www.jeskynar.cz - kras, pseudokras, jeskyne a podzemi
