I use to (and mainly still) do, however, on PocketTopo drawing window you can turn off the other surveys by not selecting show all. (I think it was Ben cooper who showed me this.) This has made me a partial convert. However in the data window, all the legs are still shown, so I find it unusable after about 200 stations. Also I do not think in Toporobot, and having unique numbers for stations does my head in.
(okay so that was not strickly Therion so to have some relevance) When I move it in to Therion I the put it back into separate folders, otherwise I find the multiple files you get makes a complete mess, My data set can be found at http://www.ubss.org.uk/cave_survey_archive.php#Cheddar Built mainly from PocketTopo, whether good or bad it works for me Andrew On 29/06/11 21:06, Bruce wrote: >> > 2. Main reasons to start a new file are when a new days survey is started, > a >> > new survey is starting in a different location, or if the plan or > elevation >> > centrelines start overlapping (causing the sketching to become difficult). >> > This way the centrelines of other surveys remain visible and only the >> > sketches of the currently open file can be seen (reduces confusion).
