Francois I quick reply before I'm off to work... Ropes I just use 'line border' for my ropes. A better approach would be to define your own line type rope and assign it an already defined linetype (like 'border'). [This is quite easy but I'd have to look it up -obviously not so easy as I would have done it already! - someone else may have it on the tip of their tongue]
This would allow you to change all the 'ropes' at some future time just by adding the symbol definition - when you could find time to make a line rope definition to your liking. Scalebar Unless someone has already written one, you could modify Thomas Holders code from here http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=metapost#special_symbol_examples If you are brave enough for metapost that is. Bruce -----Original Message----- From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Francois Gaspard Sent: Friday, 4 November 2011 8:19 a.m. To: therion at speleo.sk Subject: [Therion] Extended elevation of a vertical cave Hello, I'm working on an extended elevation map of our last explorations in Picos de Europa (Spain). The cave is mainly vertical (~ -300m) with ... too many networks for my liking. I'm using therion 5.3.6. However, two issues are blocking me: 1) Drawings ropes: Is there a mean to draw ropes (a kind of rope line)? I've just found rope points but not lines. Some emails on the list have mentionned this issue but without a clear answer for me. 2) A vertical scalebar: The legend is pretty nice, but the scalebar is horizontal. I was not able to fnd a way to draw a nice vertical scale bar on the map. Many thanks if someone can help. François SCOF - http://scof91.free.fr/ _______________________________________________ Therion mailing list Therion at speleo.sk http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion
