Happy New Year!

I've just tried to equate some fixed stations that have been defined a bit
like this;

fix 809 2502023 6021519 594      4 4 12

but I get errors from therion like this;

error -- equate of two fixed stations -- 809 at NSpots.NgaruaArea and
A1 at a.Kairuru.NgaruaArea

These represent gps fixes taken at the same place on various occasions and
part of various overland surveys.

At first look it seems like this might be a desired response from Therion.
How can two stations with specified and differing co-ordinates be 'equal'?

My assumption was that the standard errors give the actual position of the
station a degree of uncertainty or 'fuzzyness', and that by equating two
such stations they would be 'averaged out' in a similar way to loop closures
or two fixed stations connected by a survey network.  But it seems I might
have assumed wrong.

Is it part of therions design to allow equating a number of fixed stations?

By using alternative syntax or connecting the stations with a dummy survey
leg with large std error perhaps?

Bruce