footleg,

i read your tutorial three times, and i agree with bruce.

i'm probably not completely new to therion, so i'm sort
of biased judging it, but,to me it is a very good intro to therion.

there is an emphasis of getting the cave data from distox.
this means to skip talking about the data-entry in xtherion,

for instance. as well as other things.

but it's in the title that it is about therion AND distox, ...
and it makes sense, as it is something for the course you have
mentioned.

one thing in your tutorial made me think about:
you define a map even when there is one single scrap.
from therion book, this is not necessary, as therion
outputs the scraps of the survey if there is no map.
i must say that i use to do the same: whenever i have a scrap
i define a map for it.
next you add the second scrap to the map and must put in the

"break". following my habits i  would have defined a new map
with the two scrap' maps ...

and i found that with the two scraps the break is needed, with
two maps there is no need for it. and much more about map
arrangements which is beyond this mail topic.

now i have a question (for anyone, not just footleg):
when is it better to use a map with two scraps, and when a map with
twp maps?

by the way,

footleg, it's really a great tutorial.

looking forward to see it complete.