Take a look at Bruce's customised symbol sets on the wiki. I based mine on those. I have not tried adding a completely new symbol to therion yet, but here is how I override the pebbles area fill with one which looks more like I prefer. Include this layout in your pdf export command to see pebbles rendered with this custom style:
layout CustomisedSymbols code metapost beginpattern(pattern_pebbles); pickup PenC; path qq; for i=0.0u step 0.6u until 5.1u: for j=0.0u step 0.6u until 5.1u: qq := (superellipse((.05u,0),(0,.05u),(-.05u,0),(0,.-.05u),.75)) randomized (u/45) scaled (uniformdeviate(1.2)+.55) rotated uniformdeviate(360) shifted ((i,j) randomized 0.55u); draw qq; endfor; endfor; patternstep(5.1u,5.1u); endpattern; def a_pebbles (expr p) = T:=identity; thfill p withpattern pattern_pebbles; enddef; endcode endlayout CustomisedSymbols On 16 November 2012 09:28, Dave Clucas <dave at daveclucas.com> wrote: > In Mulu many of the passages are part filled with sandstone pebbles. I'd > like to create a user area and a user symbol based on pebbles where the > ellipses are filled with a colour (light brown). Can anybody tell me how to > modify the standard definition? > > Dave Clucas > dave at daveclucas.com > http://daveclucas.com > http://mycaves.org > > > > ______________________________**_________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/**mailman/listinfo/therion<http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion> > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20121116/f597890d/attachment.html>
