Dave

The colour_water_bg colour can be defined in a separate layout that is
toggled on or off using a simple statement in your main layout file.

If you look further down the wiki metapost page in the Code to make full
colour symbols block of code you will see 



          layout LayoutColourSymbols
. 
           #define colours for redefined water point & area
          code metapost  
          %these colours affect fills, not the linework
                    !color colour_water_bg; %! forces interpretation as
metapost
                    colour_water_bg := (0.86,1,1);      %light blue
                    !color colour_sump_bg;  %! forces interpretation as
metapost
                    colour_sump_bg := (.22,.22,.95);    %dark blue
. 
          endlayout LayoutColourSymbols




and the toggle switch that  activates any changes in symbol definitions due
to colour symbol activation is;



copy LayoutColourSymbols #excludes labels

also further down the page.  The key points are spread quite far apart
however.



I was in the passage shown in the wiki water example this morning, we
surveyed through the sump, that turned out to be a wade. It pays to get in
and make sure whether there is airspace when you find these things!

Bruce



  _____  

From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of Dave Clucas





I took a look at Bruce's code, in particular Code to redefine area and point
water symbols

. 

This looks like something I'd like to use but how and where do I define the
colour eg. 



    if known colour_water_bg: thfill Path withcolor colour_water_bg; else:
thfill Path withcolor white; fi; 





-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20121118/65f0a3f1/attachment.html>

Reply via email to