Graham, the best way to print maps from Therion's PDFs is to render them to 
pictures. I do it in Photoshop. It could be really huge file.  Don't render to 
too high resolution. For A1 150-180 dpi in final size should be enough. 
RGB/CMYK problem should be solved if one sets the color space of PDF as sRGB in 
printers software. 

Martin

Odesláno z iPhonu

21. 3. 2013 v 8:18, Graham Mullan <graham.mullan at coly.org.uk>:

> I am having one of our surveys printed professionally as an A1 poster and a 
> couple of issues have arisen that it is worth users being aware of. One is 
> that the printer's software had a problem faithfully reproduced some fill 
> areas, mostly stal flow. They solved it but it is worth keeping an eye out 
> for this as some small areas might easily be missed.
> 
> The second is the lack of control over colour - not the usual problem of 
> being able to control which colours it uses if asked to colour the whole 
> survey - which I believe is being looked at - but the seeming fact that the 
> output will be coloured RGB when printers require CMYK. I know that Acrobat 
> Distiller can deal with this and generate appropriate files, but I cannot see 
> a way of doing this in Therion.
> 
> 
> Graham
> _______________________________________________
> Therion mailing list
> Therion at speleo.sk
> http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion

Reply via email to