Although if you wish to use your 'background image' as a 'scrap -background sketch' ie a scan of an existing cave map that you want to include as part of your finished therion output, then the original image size may be large in extent and some megabytes in size. I have not done it for a while, but never used more than 200dpi.
Doing this does slow down opening xtherion and processing considerably, and results in larger outputs, but I don't recall the error that Wolfgang describes. (Indeed I don't think I have tested the resolution of the bug where background sketches were inserted multiple times- but I assume it is OK now). Bruce _____ From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Martin Sluka Sent: Thursday, 21 March 2013 11:54 p.m. To: List for Therion users Subject: Re: [Therion] Fatal Error in Wish - Tk_GetPixmap Mar 21, 2013 v 9:35 AM, Wolfgang Zillig <wolfgang.zillig at web.de>: What is the maximum image size therion can use as background image in map editor? We use 100-200 dpi for background pictures. As there is about 100 m per scrap recommended, you may calculate it easy depended on scale of picture. There is no any reason to use too big images because of scrap conception. And too big background image slows the therion significantly when opening. Martin -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20130322/986287a1/attachment.html>
