Unfortunatelly, I do not understand what exactly is the problem with wx 3.0.
I have installed debian jessie/sid on my virtual linux box and all I needed to do to get therion 5.3.15 working was related to VTK6. I needed to change lxData.cxx and link all existing vtk libraries in the system this dirty way: VTKLIB = $(addprefix -l,$(subst xxxlib,,$(addprefix xxx,$(notdir $(basename $(shell ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libvtk*-6.1.so)))))) VTKLIBS = $(VTKLIB) -lfreetype -lpng -ljpeg No need to change anything with wx3.0. When I run loch - it prints a lot of assertions, but it runs without any problem, if I click to ignore them. I have not yet tested Olly's patches, I have done this two weeks ago or so. Even running loch with filename as argument works fine. I have not tried on a box with 3D hardware acceleration, may be there timing issue will rise. But is this related with wx3.0? As far as I know, there were problems with intel 3D cards on Linux box from the beginning. S. On 13 June 2014 11:18, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote: > +++ Olly Betts [2013-11-15 14:14 +0000]: > > I've been fighting to get loch to work with wxWidgets 3.0.0. The first > > obstacle is that they now enable __WXDEBUG__ mode by default, so misuses > > of the API result in warning dialogs popping up. > > > > I've attached a patch which fixes that, and updates a couple of places > > where deprecated methods are used. > > > > This doesn't get you a fully working loch though - starting loch and > > loading a file seems to work OK, *if* loch was compiled with > > optimisation. Starting loch with a file specified on the command > > line segfaults in the first call to gluScaleImage() in lxData.cxx, > > though it works when run under gdb or valgrind, so I guess there is > > a subtle timing issue (and that this might not happen on all machines). > > > > There are also more uses of deprecated methods, most notably using an > > implicit wxGLContext is now deprecated. I tried to update that one, but > > things seemed to crash a lot - I suspect the underlying problem noted > > above needs addressing first. > > This is now a release-critical issue in Debian, and therion is going > to get thrown out if we can't fix it. > > therion 5.3.14-1 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2014-06-27 > It is affected by these RC bugs: > 749687: therion: Please update to use wxwidgets3.0 > > Stacho - I think you understand loch - can you find some time to look > into this and see what we need to do to make it work properly (does > wx3 work on Windows?, do you have access to a Debian machine?) > > (And looking at VTK6 would be good too, although I'm not actually > completely stuck there yet). > > Wookey > -- > Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM > http://wookware.org/ > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20140614/aa46df57/attachment.html>
