I may be missing something here, apologies if I'm making an obvious error! I am having difficultly with user defined areas in the Map Editor (v. 5.3.14)
When I want to draw a user defined line (eg. u:divingline), I just enter u:divingline in the 'type' box of the Lines section and it works fine. When I try to draw a user-defined area (eg. u:lake), I enter u:lake in the 'type' box it automatically fills in the 'options' box with -subtype lake. I can't seem to find any way of entering a user-defined area in the Map Editor such that it appears correctly in the text of the .th2 file as 'area u:lake' I can correct it by manually editing the .th2 file in the text editor and it works fine, but whenever I open and then save the .th2 file again in the map editor it reverts to 'u -subtype lake'. Any help much appreciated. Regards, Steve Clark
