Andrew
My understandings or assumptions as a 'self taught user'.
Haven't looked at your examples, so might be missing your points.

>- preview above/below fall of the page (bug?)
AFAIK all the previews below will be a single colour as defined by something
like
  colour preview-below 80    #0 = black 100 =  white, or
  colour preview-below [80 0 40]

(but I do have a longstanding bug, whereby 
  colour preview-above [80 0 40]is completely ineffective, the above outline
is always black, which is frustrating)
...


>- can we have colour preview-above/below map to have the same colour
preview as the offset part
Would be nice, I have sometimes wanted the preview 'shadows' to be mixed
with the particular scrap/map infill colour.

>(although it seems that the programmer had not expected all levels to be
displaces, so the 'shadow' is now not on the page, which must be a bug)

Probably more an unexpected use, that an offset passage would not be bounded
by passages that are not offset, I think this was probably intentional.  The
way I use the corollary of this feature, preview, is to display nearby,
overlaying and underlying passages for a distinct map that is the primary
focus of the output.  I definitely do not want the preview 'shadows' to
cause Therion to extend the map or atlas boundaries.  Would cause me all
sorts of trouble.

I have used preview above/below a lot, but have never figured out the
significance of map level and how to use revise in this context, so will
watch with interest.

Bruce



Reply via email to