I have an S5 (not active) as well. Have been using Backcountry Navigator too 
gps pro on the recommendation of a friend. About $15 I think and there is a 
free version.Maybe not as comprehensive as what Martin suggested. I am new to 
devices like S5 and to gps software and it took me quite a while to figure it 
out and make it useful.Am using it intensively while travelling with a view to 
using it for caving eventually.Offline maps are good but limitation of 4GB per 
map folder for maps that can be 'managed' is a pain. (It can handle unlimited 
map sizes but ability to manage an move them on and off device is not available 
with those storage methods).GPS is I think quite good . Often claims 3m 
although repeated fixes over multiple days give way points and trails within a 
10mm to 20m band.
Has a few annoying characteristics but the author is responsive and fixes 
things that break with updates.
I am invested in many gb of data and time so not keen on changing but would if 
someone can confirm other package is much better for cave mapping and 
prospecting.Bruce
Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: Rob Countess <[email protected]> 
Date: 27/09/2015  03:00  (GMT+05:45) 
To: List for Therion users <therion at speleo.sk> 
Subject: [Therion] GPS app for android 


So I ended up with a Samsung galaxy S5 Active. Can anyone recommend a good app 
for android that does GPS averaging to get accurate fixes on cave entrances? 
Other good GPS apps useful for cave stuff?
I thought i saw something on this listserv but my searched came up empty.
I'm looking forward to testing out my set up.
Thanks,
Rob


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20150927/979a86d2/attachment.html>

Reply via email to