Although if you save to the device and have a memory card installed, ptopo automatically backs up to the card (twice) so you have two physical chances that your data might be ok. (As compared to one if you save to card)But if you start a new file ptopo still uses the same backup names, so you have to manually copy the old file to the card.This method worked for us when our device drowned. Bruce Sent from my Samsung device, hence the typo's
-------- Original message -------- From: Footleg <[email protected]> Date: 24/03/2016 03:27 (GMT+12:00) To: List for Therion users <therion at speleo.sk>, Martin Sluka <martinsluka at mac.com> Subject: Re: [Therion] Recovering data marked as sent from DistoX2 Hi Andrew, After all those courses we ran where I always teach people to save the PocketTopo files onto a memory card rather than the PDA internal memory so that it can be recovered in the event of a a broken PDA! Worth checking the memory card anyway (including with a file recover utility) because PocketTopo saves temporary backup files to any memory cards in the PDA during use. I think these get cleaned up when you save the project, but a recovery utility may find the files still there. Footleg On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM Andrew Atkinson <andrew at wotcc.org.uk> wrote: Yep, I could not find it, only how to mark data that had not been sent as sent Andrew On 23 Mar 2016 11:42 a.m., "Martin Sluka" <martinsluka at mac.com> wrote: Have you checked Beat's page? m. On Mar 23, 2016, at 12:25 PM, Andrew Atkinson <andrew at wotcc.org.uk> wrote: Hello Not strictly Therion, but.. Somewhere I think I have read about how to get data from a DistoX2 once it has been marked as sent it is still in the memory. (My pelicase broke on the way out of the cave and the pda was flooded, luckily the Distox2 survived) So I can see the data in the DistoX, so I can just type it in manually, but it would be better to get it off electronically, then all I have lost is the diagrams, which where not much, it is a grim bit of cave to survey. Anyway if anyone knows how to get the data to be resent, I would be most data, my web searching skills do not seem to be coming up with an answer thanks Andrew _______________________________________________ Therion mailing list Therion at speleo.sk http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion _______________________________________________ Therion mailing list Therion at speleo.sk http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20160324/3a5efbfb/attachment.html>
