You are right, Rodrigo, "unselect" doesn't work in any way.

Martin

On Mar 03, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Rodrigo Severo via Therion <[email protected]> 
wrote:

2017-03-03 4:52 GMT-03:00 Benedikt Hallinger via Therion <[email protected]>:
I do not think this is a bug.
The way i understand (and use) is that with select/unselect you can define the 
data to export for one particular run of the compiler.
So you can say "export all of this map, but exclude xyz".

I understand your idea but can you present an working example of unselect 
actually unselecting a map?

After Bruce called my attention to the fact that this issue has being dicussed 
before, I couldn't find an example of unselect making any difference in the 
final result.


Rodrigo

 

However, it would definitely be more comfortable to have it like discussed in 
this thread below.

Am 2017-03-01 21:36, schrieb Rodrigo Severo via Therion:
2017-03-01 16:30 GMT-03:00 Bruce Mutton via Therion <[email protected] [8]>:

There are many threads in this forum if you search for ‘unselect’.

I have not researched it recently, and my lingering recollection is that it 
does not work as one might expect.  Not sure I have ever managed a successful 
‘unselect’.

 

This 2013 post from Andrew Atkinson in response to Bertrand Hauser gives an 
explanation that seems plausible.

https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04606.html [1]

Yes Bruce. I believe you are right.

I will try some little debugging on Therions code to see if I understand why 
thats happening. I dont think thats by design, it looks like a bug to me.

Thanks

Rodrigo

 

 

 

FROM: Therion [mailto:[email protected] [3]] ON BEHALF OF Martin Sluka 
via Therion
SENT: Thursday, 2 March 2017 8:11 AM
TO: List for Therion users <[email protected] [4]>
CC: Martin Sluka <[email protected] [5]>
SUBJECT: Re: [Therion] Trying to understand relation between select/unselect 
and export

 

 

1. 3. 2017 v 20:03, Rodrigo Severo via Therion <[email protected] [2]>:

 

Its as if the first select mBartp@bart sticks and the unselect mBartp@bart 
later on doesnt change a thing.

 

 

I always use # to comment selects I don’t want.

 

It could be a bug.

 

Martin

 

 
_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected] [6]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion [7]



Links:
------
[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04606.html
[2] mailto:[email protected]
[3] mailto:[email protected]
[4] mailto:[email protected]
[5] mailto:[email protected]
[6] mailto:[email protected]
[7] https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
[8] mailto:[email protected]

_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion

_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion

Reply via email to