Hi Bill, I've managed to get therion and loch to compile on Fedora 25 - see https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jmbegley/therion/
The makefile that is used for loch is attached - hope this helps :) However, whilst xtherion is happy to run, I can't actually get loch to run. I get an error message that states "Error: glxCreateContext failed" Which is presumably some missing graphics library on my workstation :( Cheers, James On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 at 15:43 Bill Gee via Therion <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello everyone - > > Once again I am wrestling with the ancient problem of getting loch to > compile > on Fedora Linux. Below is the sequence of errors that I get. I think I > can > modify the Therion Makefile so that it skips loch, but I would rather not > do > that. > > Some versions ago I figured out a set of changes to the loch Makefile that > allowed it to compile. The listing below shows those changes. They do not > work anymore, as seen by the compiler error. > > In the second set of errors it is saying that some libraries cannot be > found. > I do not find any files by these exact names. They probably have some > extension, perhaps .so? But I do not find any files with that extension > either. vtkIO.so does not exist. > > Two questions for the group: > > 1) Exactly what files are missing? I very likely have them, just not where > the compiler is looking. If I can find them, maybe I can add something to > VTKLIBPATH. > > 2) Is there an easier way to deal with this? Why is it that Fedora always > has > problems? It should Just Work. > > -- > Bill Gee > > > > ===== Using the providede Makefile for loch: > make -C ./loch > make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bgee/Installs/therion-5.4.1/loch' > gcc -c -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOCH -DLXLINUX -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk3- > unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL - > D__WXGTK__ -pthread -O2 -o /home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/lxR2P.o > lxR2P.c > gcc -c -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOCH -DLXLINUX -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk3- > unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL - > D__WXGTK__ -pthread -O2 -o /home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/lxTR.o > lxTR.c > c++ -c -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOCH -DLXLINUX -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk3- > unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL - > D__WXGTK__ -pthread -Wno-deprecated -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/ > include/vtk-5.4 -O2 -o /home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/lxOGLFT.o > lxOGLFT.cxx > c++ -c -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOCH -DLXLINUX -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk3- > unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL - > D__WXGTK__ -pthread -Wno-deprecated -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/ > include/vtk-5.4 -O2 -o /home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/lxSetup.o > lxSetup.cxx > In file included from lxSetup.h:23:0, > from lxSetup.cxx:38: > lxData.h:34:25: fatal error: vtkPolyData.h: No such file or directory > #include <vtkPolyData.h> > ^ > compilation terminated. > Makefile:147: recipe for target '/home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/ > lxSetup.o' failed > make[1]: *** [/home/bgee/Installs/therion.bin/loch/lxSetup.o] Error 1 > make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bgee/Installs/therion-5.4.1/loch' > Makefile:206: recipe for target 'loch/loch' failed > make: *** [loch/loch] Error 2 > bgee ~ Installs therion-5.4.1 > > > === Modified loch makefile: > #VTKVERSION = $(shell tclsh ./getvtkver.tcl version) > #VTKPATH = $(shell tclsh ./getvtkver.tcl incpath) > #VTKLIBPATH = $(shell tclsh ./getvtkver.tcl libpath) > VTKVERSION=6.3 > VTKV6 = $(shell tclsh ./getvtkver.tcl version6) > #ifeq ($(VTKV6),1) > #VTKLIBS = -lvtkCommonExecutionModel-$(VTKVERSION) -lvtkCommonDataModel-$ > (VTKVERSION) -lvtkCommonCore-$(VTKVERSION) -lvtkFiltersCore-$(VTKVERSION) - > lvtkFiltersHybrid-$(VTKVERSION) -lvtkIOLegacy-$(VTKVERSION) -lfreetype > -lpng - > ljpeg > #else > #VTKLIBS = -lvtkHybrid -lvtkImaging -lvtkIO -lvtkGraphics -lvtkFiltering - > lvtkCommon -lvtkjpeg -lvtkpng -lvtkzlib -lvtksys -lfreetype > #endif > # VTKVERSION = 5.4 > # VTKPATH = /usr/local/include/vtk-$(VTKVERSION) > # VTKLIBPATH = /usr/local/lib/vtk-$(VTKVERSION) > VTKPATH=/usr/include/vtk > VTKLIBPATH=/usr/lib64/vtk > > ==== Gives this result when compiling: > c++ -o ./loch -Wall ./lxR2P.o ./lxTR.o ./lxOGLFT.o ./lxSetup.o > ./lxRender.o > ./lxWX.o ./lxImgIO.o ./lxLRUD.o ./lxFile.o ./lxSTree.o ./lxData.o > ./lxMath.o > ./lxSView.o ./lxSScene.o ./lxGUI.o ./lxGLC.o ./lxOptDlg.o ./lxAboutDlg.o ./ > lxPres.o ./img.o -lwx_gtk3u_gl-3.0 -pthread -lwx_gtk3u_xrc-3.0 - > lwx_gtk3u_webview-3.0 -lwx_gtk3u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk3u_qa-3.0 > -lwx_gtk3u_adv-3.0 > -lwx_gtk3u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0 > -L/ > usr/lib64/vtk -lvtkHybrid -lvtkImaging -lvtkIO -lvtkGraphics > -lvtkFiltering - > lvtkCommon -lfreetype -lGLU -lGL -lpthread -lX11 -lz -s > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkHybrid > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkImaging > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkIO > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkGraphics > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkFiltering > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkCommon > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status > Makefile:165: recipe for target 'loch' failed > make: *** [loch] Error 1 > > ==== Installed vtk packages: > bgee ~ Installs therion-5.4.1 loch rpm -qa | grep vtk > vtk-python-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-java-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-tcl-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-qt-tcl-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-devel-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-qt-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > vtk-qt-python-6.3.0-11.fc25.x86_64 > > > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > [email protected] > https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion >
Makefile
Description: Binary data
_______________________________________________ Therion mailing list [email protected] https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
