Thanks for replies. I have now tried the Nouveau driver, and Loch works.
Unfortunately I experience quite a lot of other problems with the nouveau driver. When booting with the nouveau driver I end up with a black screen, I need to use the acpi=off linux boot parameter to not get a black screen, but then I am not able to choose a higher screen resolution. This was the reason I changed to the propietary driver in the first place. This makes the nouveau driver not much of an option unless I can solve this problem, but I guess that is outside the scope of this list. Anyway, it then seems like my loch-problem is somehow related to the propietary nvidia driver. Best regards Bjørn Egil 2017-05-22 15:40 GMT+02:00 Wookey via Therion <[email protected]>: > On 2017-05-22 15:00 +0200, Bjørn Egil Johansen via Therion wrote: > > I have a fairly fresh Debian 9 Stretch 64bit install , using propietary > > NVIDIA-drivers. Therion from debian repositories 5.3.16-10+b4 > > > > When trying to open Loch i encountered this error: > > > > Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module" > > The program 'loch' received an X Window System error. > > Thanks for the thorough bug report. Putting this email in a debian > bugreport is > probably a good idea in case others come across the same problem. > > I don't actually have stretch installed yet on hardware with nvidia > GPU - but I guess it's time that I tried it, so I'll upgrade and see > if I can reproduce. I use the nouveau drivers so may not be able to > reproduce if it's actually to do with the binary drivers. I would > certainly try the noveau driver and see if it still happens to you or > not. > > Wookey > -- > Principal hats: Linaro, Debian, Wookware, ARM > http://wookware.org/ > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > [email protected] > https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion > >
_______________________________________________ Therion mailing list [email protected] https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
