Hi all, I am running Macos 10.10 , and I have already therion 5.3.16 installed via homebrew, as published in the wiki.
I am trying to updgrade Therion to the last version. However, I am facing some problems : if I do a simple brew update, brew upgrade, brew tap homebrew/science, brew upgrade therion, I got the error : Error: homebrew/science/therion 5.3.16.reinstall already installed. Indeed, a brew edit therion says that the dowload url is the 5.3.16. This formula is not updated. I tried to update it and made some tests on my computer (see further down). If I try the solution proposed by Ladislav (2017/04/06 email : brew upgrade https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ladislavb/homebrew-science/ladislavb-patch-5.4.0/therion.rb <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ladislavb/homebrew-science/ladislavb-patch-5.4.0/therion.rb>), I get the error : curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found. After a search on the web, I found that the url changed to https://github.com/ladislavb/homebrew-science/blob/master/therion.rb. If I do a brew upgrade with that url, I got this error : brew install https://github.com/ladislavb/homebrew-science/blob/master/therion.rb ######################################################################## 100,0% Error: therion: /Users/robertxaold/Library/Caches/Homebrew/Formula/therion.rb:7: syntax error, unexpected '<' <!DOCTYPE html> ^ /Users/robertxaold/Library/Caches/Homebrew/Formula/therion.rb:8: syntax error, unexpected '<' <html lang="en"> ^ /Users/robertxaold/Library/Caches/Homebrew/Formula/therion.rb:9: syntax error, unexpected '<' <head> ^ /Users/robertxaold/Library/Caches/Homebrew/Formula/therion.rb:14: syntax error, unexpected '<' <link crossorigin="anonymous" ... ^ /Users/robertxaold/Library/Caches/Homebrew/Formula/therion.rb:14: syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting end-of-input ...nk crossorigin="anonymous" href="https://assets-cdn.github.c... ... ^ I downloaded the therion.rb from https://github.com/ladislavb/homebrew-science/blob/master/therion.rb. If I do a brew upgrade with the therion.rb downloaded, I get the error : Error: inreplace failed Makefile: expected replacement of "all: outdirs $(OUTDIR)/therion doc " with "all: outdirs $(OUTDIR)/therion " I have the same error with the url https://github.com/therion/therion/archive/v5.4.1.tar.gz. Indeed, in 5.4.x, the line in the Makefile is : all: version outdirs $(OUTDIR)/therion doc I thus changed the corresponding line in therion.rb (L21) by inreplace "Makefile", "all: version outdirs $(OUTDIR)/therion doc ", "all: outdirs $(OUTDIR)/therion ". When I run brew upgrade —verbose therion.rb, I then got this error (after a while and a bunch of lines OK) : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C ./thlang perl process.pl /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C ./thchencdata perl generate.pl perl thsymbolsetlist.pl tclsh thcsdata.tcl make: *** No rule to make target `thchencdata.cxx', needed by `thchenc.o'. Stop. make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... ASCII.TXT => ascii, ASCII, TT_ASCII ... done CP1250.TXT => cp1250, CP1250, TT_CP1250 ... done CP1251.TXT => cp1251, CP1251, TT_CP1251 ... done CP1252.TXT => cp1252, CP1252, TT_CP1252 ... done CP1253.TXT => cp1253, CP1253, TT_CP1253 ... done 8859-1.TXT => iso8859-1, ISO8859-1, TT_ISO8859_1 ... done 8859-2.TXT => iso8859-2, ISO8859-2, TT_ISO8859_2 ... done 8859-5.TXT => iso8859-5, ISO8859-5, TT_ISO8859_5 ... done 8859-7.TXT => iso8859-7, ISO8859-7, TT_ISO8859_7 ... done processing conversion tables: E9, A128, U375 … done I have the same error for both Therion 5.4.0 and 5.4.1. I checked in the therion-5.4.x folder, and the file thchencdata.cxx does not exists. It exists in the therion-5.1.16. I am not a C/C++/Tex specialist. I am stuck there. Is it a bug ? Does this file exists elsewhere on the Macos system ? Do I need to add a : inreplace "Makefile ", " thchencdata.cxx ", " "? Cheers, Xavier
_______________________________________________ Therion mailing list [email protected] https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
