Hello,
i currently try to make the little points in an "intermittent waterflow" more visible on clay background.

For this i tried to make the points bigger and added to my layout section:
----------------
layout hvho_basic.layout
  # more irrelevant stuff here...
  symbol-set AUT

# Thicker lines for water flow in default symbol; note that AUT does not define l_waterflow_conjectural
  code metapost
    def l_waterflow_conjectural_SKBB (expr Path) =
%thdrawoptions(dashed withdots scaled (0.9 * optical_zoom) withpen PenB);
      l_waterflow_permanent_UIS (Path);
      %thdrawoptions();
    enddef;
  endcode

  # more irrelevant stuff here

However, this does yield nothing. I even (see above example) removed the thdraw commands so it should print a straight line, but it still is pointy. Whateer i do, i cannot bring this to work.
What am i overlooking here?

With best regards,
Beni