Thanks for the reply.

> Adding the option -outline out to the (closed) line of  your pit on the
> top scrap should create the whole that you want in the blue color so
> that you will see the green color of the bottom scrap.

See attached for what happens when you do that. I need the blue to fill
the blank area. Blue and green belong to different surveys, so getting
them to perfectly match the curve of each other manually is ... hard.

Is there a way to create a scrap within the green survey (where it is
easy to perfectly follow the same line), but tell it to take it's
altitude colour from the blue scrap instead?