On 2019-06-26 07:10 -0500, Bill Gee wrote:
> Update:

I tried it on Ubuntu 18.04 and debian stretch.  It runs on both, but
the file menu is hidden behind the display pane (so the 'Import'
option is not visible (I managed to get it to appear a couple of times
with some twiddling).

I see it comes from Mr Edwards, who's 'dewalls' package I have already
packaged (a dependnecy of cavewhere). Guess I'd better do this one
too.

> After much web searching, I think the problem on my laptop is not with
> Breakout itself but rather with the display driver.  Breakout requires GLX3,
> but the Intel i915 display driver for my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 does not
> provide that.  It only provides GLX2.

I'm using a thinkpad here with "Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520]" I guess
that's a generation or two newer than an i915.

> The two systems that work are running nVidia and VirtualBox display drivers.
> I have not tried it with Nouveau.  The nVidia display driver I use is the
> kmod packaged driver from the Fedora repository.

My Stretch machine is running nouveau. Seems to work the same (badly
WRT menu visibility) as the intel driver)

> Breakout Cave Survey Viewer duplicates much of the functionality
> provided by Aven and Loch.  The main new feature is searching.  You
> can tell Breakout to search for a particular survey station and it
> will take you there.

Aven has that already. Do you mean it is different in some significant way.

I'll report the menu bug on the breakout github and do a bit of gentle
packaging when I
have some tuits.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/