There is not a real join "end of a line" to "end of another line" (or point) in
your map. Just two underlying passages.

Command join works in this way: after it reaches end of first line wall in
first scrap it will find the nearest beginning of another line wall from second
scrap and connect them. And in case it is not the correct situation the result
will be a mess. See that yellow line on attached image indicating the biggest
warping (connecting ends of walls) the Therion had to do to join those two
scraps.

One must „construct“ map in Therion. Always to think about how all objects will
be organized, positioned and connected on the final map.

Martin