First when you say calibration, you do mean calibration not declination,
(or calibrate declination, which is an older form of declination) which
have slightly different functions?
There is more about these in the documentation, which can be useful when
dealing with old data sets.

I started a quick test hoping this would only take 5 mins, but got no
where, but found something interesting, I have run out of time, not read
the manual etc, so just putting this up as it could be useful

I produced two files identical except in the annoying format
differences. See below

I was expecting to see some difference between the 1980 and 220 as the
declination has moved about 3° I was interested to see what happened to
the no date one.

However, the answer was nothing happened everything came out the same,
with not adjustment, both in survex and therion. I noticed I didn't get
a list of declinations, so ran one of my older files, and it was there

geomag declinations (deg):
  2010.1.1  -2.6622
  2011.1.1  -2.4922

So at some point I knew what I was doing, but now I don't, but there are
no errors and no way to tell its not working!

Now I think that the problem with Therion is it is doing something weird
with the date.

Happily accepts
date 9999999
or
date 999.11
Not happy with
date 99.99999 invalid date month

Goodness know how it is interpreting those

Survex give a sensible error message about the dates that can be use.

Andrew

Therion 5.5.7

survey all

equate 1@2020 1@nodate 1@1980