Curious

I have in my layout some metapost code to redefine the plan gridlines, used
without apparent problem for perhaps 10 years.  It includes a colour
specification.

withcolor 0.1black+0.5white;

Mostly they come out like this, very light grey.  This example is exported
using colour-model cmyk, but most of the time using colour-model rgb it
looks exactly the same, in my current project (only variables are colour
map-fg, some map previews on or off and the colour model).

For some reason, in my current project, if I use colour-model rgb for a
particular output variant, I get a much darker gridline, as below.  Other
variants with rgb, the colour of the gridline matches the first example.

Any hints as to why the difference?

I might have expected this to occur with the new cmyk colour model, but it
does not.

So far it has only happened with in a single specific case when using the
rgb colour model.  I'll watch for more cases.

Bruce