Hi,
no, i really have submaps in my example.
mymap in my case is defined in my thconfig file, and it references a mainmap as submap. That submap again is a collection of other submaps, that finally contain scraps:

-------------
source
  map 164-Grundriss -title "Mappe 164: Wandaugenlabyrinth Ost"

    #preview above 172-Hauptplan@172.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle
    preview above 162-Hauptplan@162.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle
    preview above 180-Hauptplan@180.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle
    preview above 170-Hauptplan@170.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle
    preview above 171-Hauptplan@171.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle

164-Hauptplan@164.Wandaugenlabyrinth.Hirlatzhoehle #<-- this contains several other maps, which finally contain scraps

  endmap
endsource

select 164-Grundriss -map-level 2
This works, but removes the previews (from 164-Grundriss) and also the offsets defined in 164-Hauptplan. I also tried "select 164-Grundriss -map-level basic" with the same result.