Hi, Rodrigo.

Your PoC app looks very promising and we are happy that you've made
this first step. C++/Qt seems to be a good choice as well.

What might be a bit surprising for most of the users hoping for a
better UI, there is also one other project to create a Qt replacement
for XTherion (started by Michal Plch and available in the qtherion
branch of our git repo ;)

There are some differences in the scope and technology, though:
* the idea was to provide a UI which would be simple enough for new
users, not necessarily mimicking XTherion's approach
* as a result, it doesn't expect user to know internals of *.th or
*.th2 files (and even doesn't support them directly – in this branch
therion was extended to use a JSON-based data package to communicate
with qtherion UI)
* it's based on C++/Qt, too, but heavily using QML to define the UI

It's also a PoC in a very early stage and as such hasn't been
advertised on the list yet. But it's clear that time is ripe for a new
UI.

How about some brainstorming with Rodrigo, Michal and perhaps some
others on possible synergies and the best way forward?

Cheers
Martin