Hi all,

Therion has been supporting the advanced features of the Proj library
for some time now. (Proj's purpose is to do transformations between
coordinate systems.) This functionality was disabled by default and
you could enable it using 'proj-auto' and 'proj-missing-grid' options
in the initialization file.

'proj-auto' lets Proj choose the best transformation and you can set
'proj-missing-grid' to download a grid file (see
https://proj.org/usage/transformation.html#grid-based-datum-adjustments)
if the transformation needs it; see the therion book for details. The
log file lists all the transformations chosen and used at the end.

The latest commit (3bc6556) enables this "use the best transformation
and download the grids if needed" functionality. We know that
automatic downloads are a sensitive issue, but in this case we can
trust the Proj library not to do any harm
(https://proj.org/usage/network.html) and the user experience is much
better.

Could you check if this version works well with your data sets? The
windows installer is available here:
https://github.com/therion/therion/actions/runs/2203811478 (use the
msys2 version which uses up-to-date Proj library; you need to be
logged in to github to download it).

M.