Hiya,

Due to the change in the way that the proj dependencies are linked in proj
version 9, I've been trying to get therion to build using cmake instead of
make, which has been a steep learning curve and hasnt been very successful.

For AARCH builds, I get as far as:

mktexfmt [WARNING]: inifile pdfetex.ini for pdftex/pdftex not found.
mktexfmt [INFO]: not selected formats: 19
mktexfmt [INFO]: failed to build: 1 (pdftex/pdftex)
mktexfmt [INFO]: total formats: 20
mktexfmt [INFO]: exiting with status 1
I can't find the format file `pdftex.fmt'!
make[2]: *** [thbook/CMakeFiles/thbook.dir/build.make:82:
thbook/thbook.pdf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4199:
thbook/CMakeFiles/thbook.dir/all] Error 2

For x86_64 builds using the same inputs I don't get that far and it fails at:

-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/GNUInstallDirs.cmake:243 (message):
  Unable to determine default CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR directory because no
  target architecture is known.  Please enable at least one language before
  including GNUInstallDirs.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:14 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
-- Found PkgConfig: /usr/bin/pkg-config (found version "1.8.0")
-- Checking for module 'proj'
--   Found proj, version 9.0.1
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230
(message):
  Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_LIBRARIES) (Required is at
  least version "3.0.0")

Following the example in the thbook, and the information at
https://github.com/therion/therion/pull/474, has helped get me so far,
but I don't have any more time to look at this for at least 3 weeks -
work and a holiday are going to take up all my spare time until at
least early February.

To upgrade to Fedora 37, I would recommend using the --allowerasing
option which will upgrade to Fedora 37 and remove any packages (like
therion) that are not compatible.

Cheers,

James