I gave it a shot today to see if I could duplicate Rodrigo's problem. I got a completely different error:

===========================
[bgee@main2 build]$ cmake ..
CMake Error at cmake/Dependencies.cmake:8 (find_package):
  By not providing "Findfmt.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "fmt", but
  CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "fmt" with any of
  the following names:

    fmtConfig.cmake
    fmt-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "fmt" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "fmt_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "fmt" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:18 (include)

This is Fedora 38. The compile of 6.1.6 on Fedora 37 worked correctly for me. 6.1.6 still works after the upgrade to Fedora 38. I did not recompile it.