From: Therion <therion-boun...@speleo.sk> On Behalf Of Bruce Mutton
Sent: Monday, 7 August 2023 15:36
To: 'List for Therion users' <therion@speleo.sk>
Subject: [Therion] Invalid length reading error reported due to (valid)
scrap definition

Hello

I have a perplexing error, this time around after a complicated git merge,
and I have had similar on one occasion a while back.

I think I resolved by omitting the file, which is not really a resolution.
This time I need a better solution!

On compiling a thconfig I get an error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Therion\therion.exe: error -- 11-DeerPlan.th2 [8] --
invalid length reading -- -projection

The start of file 11-DeerPlan.th2 is like this:

encoding  utf-8

##XTHERION## xth_me_area_adjust -160.83 -127.28 965.01 763.65

##XTHERION## xth_me_area_zoom_to 200

##XTHERION## xth_me_image_insert {502.386220472 1 1.0} {626.342677165 11.8}
ptopoDeer/11-Deer_p.xvi 0 {}

scrap 11-DeerPlan-s1 -projection plan -station-names []@11 -author
2023.02.26 "B Mutton" -copyright 2023 NZSS -scale [0 0 787.4 787.4 0 0 10 10
m]

point 10.25 711.5 label -text "Deer Pot" -align l -scale xl

point 186.25 712.5 anchor -align r

This is a well established scrap in a well established file in a well
established project and both of the parent branches compiled without issue
through many editing and versioning iterations.  Comparison with both of the
parent git branches do not suggest any changes that should trigger such an
error - at least I have not found it yet.

I have checked this file and all calling it for closed blocks (scrap
endscrap, map endmap, centreline endcentreline, survey end survey etc)
because long ago Therion used to complain in a similar manner if such blocks
were not closed (reporting survey data type error due to a drawing file
error - illogical).

Since this is the second time in a month I've experienced this type of
'illogical' error after nothing like it for years, I'm wondering if anyone
else has, or has a clue as to what might be happening?

Bruce

Using:

therion 6.1.8 (2023-06-14)

Windows 10 Home 22H2