Not able to test just now, but think I noticed the same thing some time ago.I
recall it took me a few attempts to understand what was happening. Would likely
stall an inexperienced user. As with Martin, the durable solution I came up
with was to name each station to be joined. Inconvenient when it is as plain as
start and end. Long term I think changing the behaviour so that flipping does
not renumber line points would be desirable. Might break some of my outputs,
but then joining flipped and unflipped scraps is not that common. A possibly
similar or related issue I assume was already resolved. Search on github for
closed issues 'flip'.BruceSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: alastair gott
<alastairg...@hotmail.com> Date: 23/10/23  05:09  (GMT+12:00) To: Therion
numbering

Hi Therion people,

I've just noticed that flipping an extended elevation scrap using “-flip
horizontal” it changes the numbering of the lines points on the th2 file when
the file is processed by the config file.

I was trying to line join the top line of one elevation survey with the top
line of another survey using "join linetop@normal:end linetop@flipped:0" as the
“normal:end” line was accidentally drawn clockwise and “flipped:0” was drawn
anti-clockwise
 it makes sense that end and zero were the join points

However when the file was run it was necessary to change it to be "join
linetop@normal:end linetop@flipped:end" to
 get the two lines to join, it's not a problem, just something I wasn't aware
of.

Regards,

Alastair.

Sent from Outlook for iOS