Hello everyone

Is it possible to draw line arrow (or other symbols) over top of areas
clipped by the 'shadow' of labels?

Or if not, would it be desirable to be able to draw some symbols over top of
labels?

One use case would be as below, ensuring the line arrow shown in red below
could extend over the area clipped by the label 'shadow' (which I have
sketched in green).

I could have drawn this example as two labels, thus making the shadow
smaller, but then it is more complicated getting appropriate line spacing if
the map is exported at a variety of scales.

I tried -place top and -place bottom without any luck, then studied how maps
are put together (Therion Book pages 45-47) and realised that only grids,
surface bitmaps and previews are likely to overwrite labels.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Bruce