Hi,

Let's says that I've Organizations that belongs to a Location (always
a City).

Location is using ancestry gem in order to create a nested set like
Country > Region > County > City
The nested set path is store in a column named "ancestry" (String)
like "1/2/3" each / representing the parent_id

What I'd like to do is to find all organizations within a Region or a
County

So in Organization model I have

  define_index do
    indexes title, :sortable => true
    indexes location(:ancestry), :as => :loc

  end

However

ruby-1.9.2-p0 > Location.search(:conditions => {:ancestry => "1/17715/
*"}, :match_mode => :phrase)
 => []

but

ruby-1.9.2-p0 > Organization.where("locations.ancestry LIKE
'1/17715/%'").includes(:location).count
 => 401

I've   enable_star: true in sphinx.yml

Is there someone who has a better solution ? (Or an idea of what I've
missed :)

Thanks
Cyrille

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to