The log time isn't from Sphinx, but from Ruby - it's just a Benchmark
block around the query.

http://github.com/freelancing-god/thinking-sphinx/blob/master/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb#L321

All I'm doing is reading values from Sphinx directly for results[:time]
(which is now available as query_time - ie:
ThinkingSphinx.search("image").query_time in the latest release or two
of Thinking Sphinx). There's no changing of precision available, I'm
afraid.

http://github.com/freelancing-god/thinking-sphinx/blob/master/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb#L206

Hope this clears things up, at least.

--
Pat

On 9/3/2010, "cat100" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I set this up in my controller to return the search time:
> @search_time =   ThinkingSphinx.search("image").results[:time]
>
>The actual search time in the log is Sphinx (0.002960s) , but the
>@search_time variable is assigned the value of 0.0.  How can I expand
>the precision of the value?
>
>--
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>"Thinking Sphinx" group.
>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>[email protected].
>For more options, visit this group at 
>http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to