I'm currently getting the error below when trying to use facets.

I haven't specified any facets in my indexes, I'm just trying to get a
breakdown of the results from each class that I'm getting back for my
search. The strange thing is that it works for some queries and
returns this error for others. At first I thought it might be specific
to one of the classes being searched but I did a search for "" and
returned everything that's in the index and that worked fine...

The error message:

NoMethodError (undefined method `value' for nil:NilClass):
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:114:in `add_from_results'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search.rb:221:in `each_with_groupby_and_count'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search.rb:220:in `each'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search.rb:220:in `each_with_index'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search.rb:220:in `each_with_groupby_and_count'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:113:in `add_from_results'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:49:in `populate'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:47:in `each'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:47:in `populate'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/facet_search.rb:13:in `initialize'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search_methods.rb:422:in `new'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thinking-sphinx-1.3.18/lib/
thinking_sphinx/search_methods.rb:422:in `facets'
  app/controllers/search_controller.rb:15:in `results'

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to