Currently, you can't use Thinking Sphinx (or Sphinx at all) on Heroku.
I'd like for this to change, and have been talking with the Heroku team
about it, but nothing's confirmed at this point (and even if it was,
who knows when I'd actually have something to offer).

So: either you're going to have to deploy elsewhere, or not use Sphinx.
Sorry.

--
Pat

On 9/13/2010, "Arun" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Pat,
>I have installed the thinking sphnix "2.0.0.rc2" in my local
>aplication and i added in the GEM file ,then i installed in heroku.
>
>After that run this command "heroku rake thinking_sphinx:configure"
>but i got the  error
>"
>Sphinx cannot be found on your system. You may need to configure the
>following
>settings in your config/sphinx.yml file:
>  * bin_path
>  * searchd_binary_name
>  * indexer_binary_name
>
>"
>
>I have searched in google i cant get the proper result ,how to deploy
>in heroku
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>--
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>"Thinking Sphinx" group.
>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>[email protected].
>For more options, visit this group at 
>http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to