Hi there,

I have a table I'm indexing that has roughly 800,000 rows.  From
reading around online and in this group I feel like it's taking a long
time for my index to get generated.

I have the following in my model:
define_index do
    indexes title, body
    has x_id
    has locked
    has created_at, y_id

    set_property :delta => true
  end

In my sphinx.yml file, I have the following:
  max_matches: 1000
  html_strip: 1
  sql_range_step: 10000000
  min_word_len: 3
  mem_limit: 256M

And here is sample output from running rake ts:index:
indexing index 'entry_core'...
collected 841492 docs, 1783.4 MB
collected 0 attr values
sorted 0.8 Mvalues, 100.0% done
sorted 205.5 Mhits, 100.0% done
total 841492 docs, 1783446653 bytes
total 1343.154 sec, 1327804.99 bytes/sec, 626.50 docs/sec
indexing index 'entry_delta'...
collected 0 docs, 0.0 MB
collected 0 attr values
sorted 0.0 Mvalues, nan% done
total 0 docs, 0 bytes
total 250.385 sec, 0.00 bytes/sec, 0.00 docs/sec
distributed index 'entry' can not be directly indexed; skipping.

It's taking around 25-30 minutes to run (without having any delta
indexes).  That seems like quite a while compared to what I've seen as
sample times from other people.  Does anybody have any suggestions for
what I could do to improve the performance, or any comments on the
speed of the indexing compared to what they have seen?

Thanks,

Simon