Hi,

The machine I am running searchd on is a dual-core one, so I plan to create
a distributed index for real-time indexes and set the appropriate value for
‘dist_threads’.

is this the correct way to create index so that I can utilise both the
cores ?

ThinkingSphinx::Index.define :my_model, :name => ‘my_model_index0', :with
=> :real_time do

where 'id % 2 = 0'

indexes name

end

ThinkingSphinx::Index.define :my_model, :name => ‘my_model_index1', :with
=> :real_time do

where 'id % 2 = 1'

indexes name

end

The above generates two identical indexes(it seems the where condition is
not being used, because this is not backed by ActiveRecord) , which is not
what I want. I want to split the data in half among them. How to split the
index conditionally ?

Thank You