Hi there,

I think I can help you out here. :-) From http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/faq:
/
 _Why doesn't Thunar execute files marked as executable?_

For security reasons Thunar only executes files of type application/x-desktop, application/x-executable and application/x-shellscript. For desktop files the execution feature will only be enabled if the desktop file is of type Application and a valid Exec line is given. For the other types the feature is available if the file is marked executable for the current user.

Also note that for application/x-executable and application/x-shellscript, the types of the file don't really need to match these types exactly, but it is suffice if the detected type has a parent that matches one of the two types listed above, or if the MIME-type is an alias for one of the above.

/ Please advise as to whether or not this is what you were asking. Your question was not 100% clear to me.

- Cory Christison

Jelle de Jong wrote:
Hello,

I have strong suspicions that Thunar is in a completely different local
mode then the default used in Linux?

A lot of my Thunar scripts are not behaving properly

I have attached a script that workt perfectly fine executed form the
command line.

But with the custom action it will not work:
xterm -e ~/scripts/thunar/print-file.sh %F

What is the problem here? It is causing some serious issues on the
production machines here.