On 12/30/06, Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/30/06, Rodrigo Coacci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (127.0.0.0) network.
> > >
> > > Thanks, Nick. So, is it a bug?
> >
> > In any case, I am going to post this problem in FC mailing list.
>
> I've noticed that sometimes Thunar (and Xfdesktop) take much time to
start
> thanks to FAM. Check if you have FAM running and if you do, try to stop
FAM
> service and then see if Thunar loads faster.

Thanks, Rodrigo. What is FAM? How can I turn it off?

FAM is File Alteration Monitor,  thunar/xfdesktop uses it for
"auto-refreshing" the dir/files listing. It's usually a service, so a "sudo
/etc/init.d/fam stop" should do the job for testing.
I don't know if FC6 uses FAM or Gamin, (gamin is almost the samething as
FAM), so you should check at your distro which on it uses.

Paul

Abraços,
     Rodrigo