Erik Harrison wrote:

> More On Topic - there are cases of wanting to open mixed mime type
> files more smartly. Another example might be applications that allow
> you to specify alternate config files via a command line option, in
> addition to whatever file you are trying to open (common for processor
> emulators). However, I don't think there is a good solution, certainly
> not one Thunar specific.

The way I look at this is:

1.  Thunar is a GUI file manager.
2.  Thunar allows you to launch applications by double clicking on them
using a GUI rather than opening a terminal and using a CLI.
3.  Command-line options are CLI features.
4.  People who want to pass command-line options should use a CLI to do so.

We're dealing with the common case here.  Running an app from a GUI with
command-line options is not common.  The app (presumably a GUI app)
itself should have a way of handling the same functionality through --
you guessed it -- a GUI.  If it doesn't, the app is broken.  Thunar
shouldn't have options and extended functionality to fix broken GUI
apps.  If it's not a GUI app, why are you launching it with a
general-purpose GUI?

        -brian