Hi,

I believe this draft is clear and well-written. A couple of major comments
should probably be addressed before proceeding.

Major comments:
- This may have been discussed before, but still I am not sure what the
answer is: it seems to make sense to define this new MAC as a dedicated
extension field. Any reason not to do that? Since this draft deprecates the
previous MD5-based MAC, there are no backward compatibility considerations.
- To allow algorithm agility, I would suggest to add a field that specifies
the algorithm + a corresponding IANA registry.

Less major comments:
- Missing security considerations section.
- Missing IANA considerations section.
- "any extension fields that are present" => "every extension fields that
is present".

Thanks,
Tal.