Eric,

Yes. At the time we implemented this we didn't appreciate that we
could retrieve the values using the <<tiddler>> macro (*blush*)
We plan to implement almost exactly what you proposed although we had
been leaning towards the following syntax:

<<tiddler TiddlerName::SliceName::SliceField>>

We'll have a chat about the syntax to adopt and then evolve the plugin
accordingly.

Thanks to all for the feedback.
Phil