> Working with the ForEachTiddler Macro and trying to
> understand the capabilities of the 'write' - output of the macro.

The FET macro is very well documented - take a look at the Udo's website:
     http://tinyurl.com/6cs9e2
(http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/#ForEachTiddlerPlugin%20ForEachTiddlerMacro%20ForEachTiddlerExamples)

> Am I limited to a certain subset of formats, or is there a way to output
> data in a 'table' format utilizing the "|" syntax?

You can generate the same markup you would enter manually.

> +"|"+tiddler.projectowner+"|<br>"'

Instead of "<br>", which inserts a HTML line-break element, you probably
want "\n", which translates to a literal line break (i.e. the same as
pressing ENTER when editing a tiddler manually).

>  this doesn't work.

Do you get any errors? Some specifics (or even a simple demo for us to
look at) would be helpful.

-- F.