I inquired about this issue in the Outlook newsgroup and the
individual who has been responding doesn't think it's really an
Outlook issue but a Windows issue.  So I'm wondering can anyone access
a permalink tiddler in a TW from a hyperlink in any Windows
application.  As far as I can tell, a permalink will only work from
within a browser, either pasted into the address bar, hyperlinked from
within a TW or other webpage, or bookmarked.  If I try to make use of
a permalink in any other application, the TW will open, but not to the

~Roger