Thanks Eric

For the explanation - and the example.

However there must be something in the stylesheettiddler which keeps
the popupcontainer from widening.
When I change the width - the image in the tiddler referred to is
enlarged - but the container doesn't seem to change.

You can see two different popupbuttons here:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1064531/SangTimer/SangTimer.html#%5B%5BDu%20kom%20med%20alt%20det%20der%20var%20dig%5D%5D

YS Måns Mårtensson