> I would like to have something similar to selectPalette, but that
> changes the size of the mainmenu between two widths. We're talking a
> mere two lines of the Stylesheet. What would be the best way to do
> this - both as in how to do it, and as in the way that adds the least
> to the filesize?

Using pure HTML (no plugins needed)

   var w='20em'; // alternative width
   var mm=document.getElementById('mainMenu');
   mm.style.width=mm.style.width==w?'':w;
">toggle menu width</a></html>

The initial main menu width is defined in the StyleSheet as usual.
The alternative width (the one to toggle to/from) is defined in the
onclick script above (the var w="..." statement).

enjoy,
-e