Hi Tony,
 I think this can be done using tag and a conditional viewtemplate!

If you look at https://kookma.github.io/TW-Semantic-Colors/

It uses tags for this purpose. for example beginner tag create a blue
border and like that

If this work for you I can also create the one you asked above or you can
hack the Semantic colors for your case.

Best
Mohammad