Jeremy

Is the following an example of a lateral variable?

\define varvalue() {{tiddlername}}
on close tiddler I have an action that adds 1 to <<varvalue>> and saves it back
to tiddlername and sets a current tiddler field to the same value.

This is how I get unique serial numbers for tiddlers.

This is ok because I can use the close button as the trigger.

If there were a way to change the value in tiddlername without a trigger do I
not have a lateral variable?

regards
Tony