zemoxian wrote:

> Nested numbering could probably be done easiest using CSS.
>
> I suppose you could set a variable that each child inherits along with
> computing it’s position in its parent’s list. A little more complex, I
> think than the CSS version. However, it might facilitate some interlinking
> that might go on. Like if you referred to a numbered section, you might
> want that number included in the link text, rather than just the tiddler’s
> title. Not sure that’s doable with CSS.

Footnote on CSS numbering. I know from some experiments on other things
that CSS numbering, though it looks beautiful, I don't think ever arrives
in the DOM thing? I discovered this by doing some visually nice numbering
I'd hoped to just cut-n-paste from screen--and quickly discovered that the
cut kept everything EXCEPT the CSS generated numbers.

Just a comment
TT